This version is a major update to PetraSim 4. All users are encouraged to work though the short Getting Started guide on the PetraSim Resources page to learn how some of the new features operate.
New features in PetraSim 5 include:
- The 2D cell editor has been replaced by cell editing in the main 3D view.
- Z divisions are now controlled by layers, making it easier to work with stratigraphy.
- Polygonal (Voronoi) meshes are now supported.
- Polygonal boundaries and boundary editing is now supported.
- Many major changes “under the hood” which make PetraSim faster and more reliable.
- Time history plots of accumulated well quantities are now available.
- The Run dialog now includes a Log tab which shows selected simulator output.
Additional changes include:
- Simulator run time can now be specified with units (e.g. 10 years)
- XYZ and DXF files are now supported for contoured boundaries
- The New dialog now allows simulator selection and model boundary specification
- Tree selection now correctly tracks model selection and additional model elements are now in the tree
- When opening a model, PetraSim will now automatically switch to the correct simulator mode
- Fixed a bug with EOS7 and EOS7R that caused PetraSim to create an invalid input file when the air component was disabled
- It is now possible to “drape” an image over the top of the model
- Added a workaround for a bug in ATI graphics cards that caused crashes in the 3D display
- Added a Safe Mode shortcut which displays console output while PetraSim is running
- Added a Remove License action to make it easier to transfer licenses between computers
- In the 3D results, vectors are now rooted at the cell centers rather than the corners
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash while editing diffusion coefficients in TMVOC
- Fixed a typo in the relative permeability equation for Corey’s curves
- In TOUGHREACT, fixed several dialog issues relating to additional mechanism specification
- Fixed a bug where cells could appear in GOFT that were not in GENER
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash in the Initial Conditions Cell Panel for TMVOC
- Removed unused parameters from the Edit Well dialog
- Added an action to the Edit menu that selects all cells
- Fixed a input file generation bug in EOS3: in TWO-PHASE mode, Sg was being output as [0…1] rather than [10…11]
- Improved the performance of the Line Plot results feature
The following items are no longer supported:
- Non-CSV output from unmodified LBNL source is no longer supported.
- The Tetrad simulator is no longer supported.
- The confining beds feature is no longer supported.
Known issues in beta release:
- TOUGH-MP is not yet supported. If all goes well, the official release of PetraSim 5 will support TOUGH-MP.