Two PetraSim training courses will be offered concurrent with the upcoming TOUGH Short Courses (September 15-19, 2014 at LBNL). One PetraSim course will be offered on Tuesday and Wednesday morning and the second starting Wednesday afternoon and Thursday. This will allow attendees to participate in a PetraSim course either before or after a TOUGH short course. Details will be posted on the RockWare and PetraSim web sites by June 25.
We are also nearing release of a major upgrade to PetraSim.
A partial list of new features includes:
- Support for TOUGH2 v2.1
- Support for TOUGHREACT v2.0 and TOUGHREACT-Pitzer V1.21
- Support for HydrateResSim, which is free hydrate software from DOE NETL
- Updated TOUGH-FX support to the TOUGH+HYDRATE format
- 64 bit versions of the executables
- Import wells from a data file
- Import of Petrel models
- Support for units
As shown in the image on the left, you can specify permeability using the TOUGH2 units () or, as shown on the right, default units ().
The same flexibility holds true for all the input data types.
We hope to announce beta testing in about four weeks.