This release adds syntax highlighting and line numbers to the record view; adds advanced data entry for the MESH, TIME, and MISC name lists; and updates FDS support to version 6.3.2.
This version of PyroSim is designed for FDS version 6.3.2 and Smokeview version 6.3.2. It uses version 1.8.0_60 of the Java VM.
FDS version 6.2.0 and newer use a different version of the MPI platform for multi-process simulations that conflicts with the MPI support included with previous PyroSim versions. If you are using multiple versions of PyroSim on the same computer, you may need to disable the PyroSim MPI service installed by previous versions of PyroSim. The cluster installer is no longer used and PyroSim must now be installed on each cluster machine. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes since PyroSim 2015.3.0810:
- Updated FDS to version 6.3.2.
- Updated Smokeview to version 6.3.2.
- PyroSim no longer includes a default gas phase reaction. For simulations with fires, the default reaction must now be added manually.
- The included reaction library has been expanded to contain five new gas phase reactions: NYLON, PMMA, POLYURETHANE_GM27 (previously the default), POLYURETHANE_GM37, WOOD_OAK, and WOOD_PINE. They can be added using the From Library… option in the Edit Reactions… dialog.
- Added syntax highlighting, line numbers, and adjustable font size to the Record view.
- Custom data can now be added in the Edit Meshes dialog (i.e. the MESH namelist) and the Simulation Parameters dialog (i.e. the MISC and TIME namelists).
- Support for FDS+EVAC has been removed. Data for FDS+EVAC simulations must now be entered in the Additional Records section of the Record View and the custom data sections of supported name lists.
- When converting imported CAD lines to walls, PyroSim will now prompt for requested wall height and thickness.
- Smokeview will now only launch in CAD view if requested by the user via the Preferences dialog.
- The default sprinkler spray model has been changed from Fuel Spray to Water Spray.
- Fixed an error where asymmetric unit conversion could lead to lost slice output.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PyroSim to crash when displaying objects as outlines.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PyroSim to crash when editing species injection data.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PyroSim to crash when dragging tree nodes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented PyroSim from opening legacy files that contained data specified in C/m.
- Fixed a bug that caused user-defined HVAC fan flow rate curves to be incorrectly written to the FDS input file.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PyroSim to crash when switching unit systems.
- The item selection popup in the Activation Controls dialog is now re sizable – making it easier to work with models that have obstructions and vents with long names.
- Fixed a bug where pasted text BNDF records with QUANTITY=’SURFACE DEPOSITION’ would be ignored.
- Fixed a bug where the GE1 writer was incorrectly using commas as decimal separators in some locales.
- Fixed a copy/paste bug in the Edit Slices dialog that impacted locales with commas as decimal separators.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an “Empty values are not allowed” error when editing multiple obstructions.
- Removed the unused Smooth checkbox from the Tool Properties dialog.
- Removed support for cable failure detectors.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PyroSim to crash when copying an exhaust vent.