This release adds several new features, with an emphasis on improved support of geothermal simulation.
This version of PetraSim uses version 1.8.0_66 of the JavaVM.
This version of PetraSim includes updates to the TOUGH2 source code to add support for several new features. We thank Alfredo Battistelli for significant contributions to improve geothermal modeling capability. These changes are specific to TOUGH2 simulators supplied with PetraSim and are some of them are not present in TOUGH2 simulators sold elsewhere.
Changes since PetraSim 2016.2.0523:
- Specify the start-up time for a well on deliverability. This avoids the need for multiple restarts when modeling a number of make-up wells in field-scale geothermal production forecast.
- Specify the productivity index (PI) and flowing pressures for each layer of a well on deliverability.
- IAPWS-IF97 correlations for pure water added to the standard TOUGH2 EOSs. These extend the use of TOUGH2 to near-critical conditions (T>350°C) and to geothermal geopressured conditions (P>1000 bara).
- IAPWS 2008 viscosity formulation for pure water and steam added to the standard TOUGH2 EOSs.
- Grouping of source/sink cells using source/sink names. This makes it possible to correctly assign production when multiple wells intersect the same cell.
- Improved plotting accumulated flows using statistics regions and added support for multiple statistics region plots.
- Export of well plot results now includes all the data, rather than just the output parameter being visualized in the plot.
- Plotting of well data with respect to depth as well as distance.
- Improved solution options to control steady-state solutions.
- Writing of SAVE file at specified time steps.
- New output table that gives relative permeability and capillary pressure values as a function of liquid saturation for all rock domains.
- Option to use 20 column format for mesh parameters (helps working with some Cartesian coordinate systems such as UTM).
- Added ability to edit data for multiple regions simultaneously.
- Enable and disable wells (can enter multiple wells, but can selectively turn wells off).
Other new EOS specific features:
- Additional results output in GOFT file for EOS2 and EWASG.
- New capillary pressure and enthalpy options in EOS2 and EWASG.
- Improved convergence during EOS2 change of phase.
- Subroutine SATO of TMVOC fixed to work with more than one NCG.
- Layer-based initial conditions no longer lost after being entered.
- Corrected inability to edit Mole Fractions in TMVOC.
- Fixed crash in setting axis scaling.
- Fixed error in setting initial conditions for EOS3.
- Fixed error setting TMVOC initial conditions.
- Fixed error in plotting Statistics regions.