This update includes a new results viewer; additional support for FDS features including leakage, linear device arrays, and advanced HVAC records; and reliability improvements for local parallel FDS simulations. Floating license users that have not yet upgraded to PyroSim 2017 will need to download an updated floating license manager from the PyroSim download page.
The new 3D results viewer is an extension of Pathfinder’s results viewer and can display both FDS results and Pathfinder results together. Additional features such as built-in video recording, familiar user interface controls, time interpolation during video playback, and volumetric rendering of PLOT3D data are available. Smokeview is still bundled with PyroSim and can be launched using the Analysis menu.
This version of PyroSim is designed for FDS version 6.6.0 and Smokeview 6.6.0. It uses version 1.8.0_121 of the Java VM.
PyroSim 2017 uses an updated version of Thunderhead License Manager. Floating license users that have not yet upgraded to PyroSim 2017 should download an updated license manager from the PyroSim download page and install on their license server machine. The license manager installer will replace the old license manager and re-use existing license files. Older versions of PyroSim will continue to work with the updated license manager.
Changes since PyroSim 2017.1.0209:
- Updated FDS from version 6.5.3 to version 6.6.0 (see FDS release notes).
- Updated Smokeview from version 6.4.4 to version 6.6.0 (see Smokeview release notes).
- Updated the Java VM from version 1.8.0_112 to version 1.8.0_121 (see Java release notes).
- Added a new default 3D results viewer. Smokeview is still bundled with PyroSim and can be launched using the Analysis menu.
- Updated DWG import to support files created by AutoCAD 2018.
- Fixed problem with MPI port limits to prevent errors during multiple MPI simulations.
- Local MPI (parallel) FDS runs now use the -localonly flag to avoid issues relating to hydra service configuration errors and should be more reliable.
- Added support for HVAC advanced record editing.
- Added support for HVAC localized leakage using TYPE_ID=’LEAK’.
- Added support for mesh transform records (TRNX, TRNY, TRNZ) with MESH_NUMBER=0 to apply to all.
- Added support for parsing non-layered SURF records that define a thickness.
- Added support for linear device arrays and RMS devices.
- Updated the statistics editor dialog to properly handle incompatible quantity types.
- Added a right-click menu for the additional records section.
- Fixed a bug where resetting the camera would use viewpoints locations to calculate the camera bounds.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging objects in the tree view.
- Fixed a bug could cause custom time devices to be dropped.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pasting records that reference a custom fuel species.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pasting or importing records containing unknown characters.
- Fixed a bug that could cause imported models to define a second ADIABATIC species.
- Fixed a bug that prevented reaction values copying when creating new reactions from template.
- Fixed a bug that could cause LUMPED_COMPONENT_ONLY=.TRUE. to be added to species lines incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that could cause lumped species to copy/paste incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug that could occur when splitting a mesh that would prevent deletion of some statistics devices.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent some HVAC records from being deleted.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing CAD models.
- Fixed a bug preventing some DXF files with architecture elements from importing.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when specifying pyrolysis byproducts.
- Fixed a crash that could occur if a file saved with no extension was loaded in PyroSim.
- Fixed a bug that could cause duct flow controls to not reflect changes applied in the editor.
- Fixed a bug could cause surfaces of rotated obstructions to be written to the FDS input file in the wrong order.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when copying and pasting a smoke detector.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when resetting Plot3D settings to Pathfinder Quantities.
- Fixed a bug that could prevent the import of FDS files with MEAN_FORCING defined in the MISC record.
- Fixed a bug that caused colors to be written to the FDS input file using floating point numbers instead of integers.
- Fixed a bug that prevented display of textures and points over remote desktop.
- Fixed a bug that caused precision loss when the Max Precision was set to 10 or higher.
- Fixed a bug that caused the coordinates of line devices that use XB to change when imported.
- Fixed a bug that prevented MULT from working when copying and pasting model records.
- Fixed a bug that could revert a circular vent to rectangular after the vent was moved.