Marcos Vanella – University of Maryland, College Park and NIST
Develop an efficient, conservative numerical scheme for complex geometry within FDS.
This presentation covers the following topics:
- Modeling fire dynamics for Complex Geometry.
- Treatment of FDS physics units.
- Defining geometries in FDS. Restrictions on GEOM input.
- The CATF input namelist.
- Workflow showcase through validation case.
- An add-on to FDS, but requires rewriting on most code units.
- Allows imposing triangulated boundary surfaces on the fluid grid.
- Ongoing validation and verification.
- Ongoing implementation of radiation, mass/heat flux BCs, LES wall models, and others.
- GEOMs (in Beta) will be released in FDS 7.