Where do I download Pathfinder?
If you have already registered for a trial or purchased a license, click here to browse the downloads page.
2. Install – Open the installer file (*.msi) and proceed through the installation wizard. Run the software from the Windows Start menu. More Help…
How will I know when to install a new version?
Recent versions of Pathfinder will now automatically notify you when it is time to upgrade to a new version. If you turn off automatic updates or want to check at any time, you can click Check for Updates on the Help menu.
How do I install the floating license manager?
All instructions related to floating licenses are found in the Installation Guide which is linked in your purchase confirmation email.
3. Activate – Input the activation key from your email in the Licensing and Activation window. For floating licenses, follow the link to download the instructions and license manager. More Help…
How do I move my license to a new computer?
To begin the process, please fill out and return a PyroSim and/or Pathfinder license transfer request document to email@example.com. Once this is received, Thunderhead Engineering will associate the license keys to the new host information and send you a new license file.
How do I reactivate after reformatting my computer or changing hardware components?
Either of these actions will affect the computer identification information and it is therefore the same as transferring a license to a new computer.
Why do I receive License Copy Error “Could not copy license file to Local License folder.”?
The “Application Data” folder must be properly junctioned to the C:\ProgramData folder. Test and fix your Application Data junction with the following instructions:
- To open a shell window, type cmd.exe in the Windows “search” box
- To navigate to the ProgramData folder, type the following and press enter.
cd C:\ProgramData and press enter
- To list junction points in the directory, enter the following text.
- You should see “Application Data” in this list. If it’s missing, you can remove any bad junction, and create the good one with the following two commands.
rmdir "Application Data" mklink /j "Application Data" C:\ProgramData
Read More »
Read More »
Read More »