This is an update for the PetraSim 5 beta release.
- Fixed a bug that caused PetraSim to sometimes omit relative permeability data when generating the ROCKS record of the TOUGH2 input file. ROCKS records 1.1-3 are now always written.
- Fixed a bug in the cell connection area calculation for RZ meshes.
- PetraSim now clamps the maximum number of GOFT entries at 100 this matches the TOUGH2 specification.
- Models loaded from PetraSim v4 SIM files will now use less memory.
- Fixed a bug that caused PetraSim to crash when starting a TOUGH2 simulation if a cell had a BC specified using a table.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect INCON values to be written for TMVOC simulations that used a gas/NAPL or three-phase specification format.
- Fixed a bug that caused TMVOC models loaded from v4 SIM files to lose BC data.
- Improved 3D results performance when using a background images.
- The 2D cell editor has been replaced by cell editing in the main 3D view.
- Z divisions are now controlled by layers, making it easier to work with stratigraphy.
- Polygonal (Voronoi) meshes are now supported.
- Polygonal boundaries and boundary editing is now supported.
- Many major changes "under the hood" which make PetraSim faster and more reliable.
- Time history plots of accumulated well quantities are now available.
- The Run dialog now includes a Log tab which shows selected simulator output.
This version of PyroSim contains a new OpenMP option to run parallel FDS simulations. Users can choose between MPI and OpenMP in the File/Preferences dialog. This choice will control the behavior of the Run Parallel option on the FDS menu. The OpenMP version of FDS automatically uses all available CPUs without requiring that the model be divided into multiple meshes. However, in our experiments, well-balanced multiple mesh parallelism using MPI gave substantially faster simulation times. The OpenMP version of FDS is included only in the 32-bit installer.
Pathfinder first commercial release.
Thank you very much to our beta testers who helped identify the issues resolved below.
This release includes the following improvements over the previous release:
This release is the first release candidate for the full commercial version of Pathfinder. It contains the following improvements over the previous release:
This release addresses a few issues reported against the previous Beta update and adds some new 3D human models. Additional documentation will now be accessible via the start menu.