This version of PyroSim contains a new OpenMP option to run parallel FDS simulations. Users can choose between MPI and OpenMP in the File/Preferences dialog. This choice will control the behavior of the Run Parallel option on the FDS menu. The OpenMP version of FDS automatically uses all available CPUs without requiring that the model be divided into multiple meshes. However, in our experiments, well-balanced multiple mesh parallelism using MPI gave substantially faster simulation times. The OpenMP version of FDS is included only in the 32-bit installer.
Pathfinder first commercial release.
Thank you very much to our beta testers who helped identify the issues resolved below.
This release includes the following improvements over the previous release:
This release is the first release candidate for the full commercial version of Pathfinder. It contains the following improvements over the previous release:
This release addresses a few issues reported against the previous Beta update and adds some new 3D human models. Additional documentation will now be accessible via the start menu.
This release is an update to the Pathfinder public beta. This new version addresses many of the issues users reported with occupants becoming stuck and enables geometry import for PyroSim models.
PyroSim x64 Edition Now Available!
Users with 64-bit operating systems can now download an entirely 64-bit version of PyroSim and FDS. This version is able to access memory beyond the 2 GB limit imposed by 32-bit Windows. This version will be particularly useful for individuals who model large structures such as stadiums or want to import complex DXF models. The 64-bit version of PyroSim includes a 64-bit version of FDS, MPI, and parallel FDS.
New features in this version include:
- A set of sample materials, surfaces, and reactions collected from FDS verification and validation runs. Details about the source of each record are included in the description (FYI). These examples are primarily non-burning materials (e.g. concrete, steel).
- New licensing system with increased performance and reliability and automatic license activation.
- New disable/enable action. Any object can be disabled so that it does not write to the FDS input file unless it is absolutely needed (such as a used surface).
- Added support for custom smoke tracking (See Defining Smoke in section 11.3.4 of FDS5 users manual).
- Updated statistics and added support for newer options including VOLUME MEAN, MASS MEAN, VOLUME INTEGRAL, AREA INTEGRAL, and SURFACE INTEGRAL.
- Added FYI support for extra species, particles, reactions, meshes, sprinkler link models, spray models, heat detector models, and smoke detector models.
- Removed the sawtooth property for obstructions and added smooth (smooth is the inverse of sawtooth).
- New Copy as FDS Records action.
- Added a warning that displays when a smoothed obstruction uses a burn away surface (this is disallowed by FDS).
- Removed the empty zone record that was written for non-open models (this is no longer required by FDS).
- Action names show in the menu for Undo/Redo.
- Reduced background image memory use and eliminated detail loss.
- Improved copy/paste performance.
- Particle duration default changed to 60s.
- Added support for multiple object renaming.
- Various dialog enhancements.
- Added support for choosing the combination logic for multiple activation events/devices.
- Added a Select Referencing Objects action for devices. This allows a user to check what objects in the model are currently using a device.